On 7/30/11 4:23 PM, JohnW-Mpls wrote [in part]:

> Phooey, SM's 2.2 is no better at being fully accepted at some sites - 2.2's
> new option to "advertise FireFox compatibility" does not help, at least for
> me.   One of my major sites is adding stuff SM just does not see and I
> cannot afford to miss those things.

There are some Web sites that not only sniff badly but also reject
"Firefox" in the user agent (UA) string if "SeaMonkey" is also present.
 The bank I use has such a site.

I disabled (unchecked the checkbox) for "Advertise Firefox
compatibility".  For my bank's Web site, I use PrefBar to spoof Firefox
without any mention of "SeaMonkey".  The Web sites for three other
financial institutions where I have accounts accept "SeaMonkey" and
don't require any spoofing at all.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.