Sun, 07 Aug 2011 20:40:49 -0300, /MCBastos/:
Interviewed by CNN on 07/08/2011 00:39, Graham told the world:

Funny that. I thought that a large part of the point of Seamonkey was
precisely to avoid change for change's sake, or we'd all have been using
Firefox.

Not quite. The point is to have an integrated suite geared for power
users, instead of stand-alone applications geared for beginner/general
public. The main reason I stayed with Mozilla/Seamonkey all these years
was the integration. But I always yearned for some stuff from Firefox.

Same here.

Toolkit interface to ease extensions developers to support SM ->  Got
that in 2.0
Places bookmark system, to allow Sync and deal better with lots of
bookmarks ->  Finally got it in 2.1

Now I'm not yearning so much, the things I miss currently are mostly the
fault of extension developers who don't bother to support SM. But as a
heavy tab user, I think when the Firefox guys finish beating the bugs on
Panorama/Tab Groups, I might begin wishing for that too.

Pretty much the same here. Having the latest Gecko engine behind the browser component and SeaMonkey as whole got me quite satisfied. I'm now probably mostly interested in having the mail/news part improved, but I guess again, many of it is more up to the Thunderbird guys.

And I like the Panorama/Tab Groups very much too, although I haven't yet got very accustomed to using it, running Firefox mainly for testing purposes. I would love to see it in SeaMonkey, one day.

--
Stanimir