On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:11:13 +0200, in message
<w-ednsgk5rss1t_tnz2dnuvz_qkdn...@mozilla.org>
Stéphane Grégoire wrote:

> Do you see something?
> <http://robhawkes.github.com/webgl-html5-audio-visualiser/>
>
> I only see a black screen with Seamonkey 2.2 and Firefox 5!
> I'm on Linux xUbuntu 11.04

Yes, I do see something in Firefox 5.  (I see only black in Firefox 4).

1.  The page appears to use WebGL.  Go to this link and check if your OpenGL
    driver is whitelisted.
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/Blocked_Graphics_Drivers

2.  Enter the following in the URL location bar
           about:support
    This will bring up a page of Troubleshooting Information.

    Scroll down to the bottom, and look at the table under the heading
"Graphics".
    Check what the table says, especially for WebGL.

    This is what my Firefox 5 (Windows) says there...

|   Graphics
|
|   Adapter Description        NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M
|   Vendor ID                  10de
|   Device ID                  0649
|   Adapter RAM                1024
|   Adapter Drivers            nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx
nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
|   Driver Version             8.17.12.5721
|   Driver Date                6-7-2010
|   Direct2D Enabled           true
|   DirectWrite Enabled        true (6.1.7601.17563, font cache 23.07 MB)
|   WebGL Renderer             Google Inc. -- ANGLE -- OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE
0.0.0.611)
|   GPU Accelerated Windows    1/1 Direct3D 10

3.  You might want to read this, although it is for Firefox 4 and does not
cover WebGL

http://blog.mozilla.com/joe/2010/11/10/how-to-tell-if-youre-using-hardware-acceleration/

--
Kind regards