Stéphane Grégoire wrote:
Hi,

Do you see something?

<http://robhawkes.github.com/webgl-html5-audio-visualiser/>

I only see a black screen with Seamonkey 2.2 and Firefox 5!

I'm on Linux xUbuntu 11.04

From an earlier post by Robert Kaiser:

Daniel schrieb:
> SeaMonkey 2.2.....Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:5.0)
> Gecko/20110706 SeaMonkey/2.2
>
> [...]
>
> Under Graphics, the only thing I have listed is "GPU Accelerated
> Windows" with the value "0/3"

That's normal for Linux right now, the hardware acceleration code for Linux is still experimental and not usually enabled.

WebGL will be enabled for many Linux graphics cards in newer released (not sure at which one that starts, I think it might be 2.3), but without acceleration and therefore running quite slow. The Mozilla graphics team is working on getting Linux hw accel into a better shape to enable it by default, but unfortunately the Linux graphics drivers market is in a more sorrow state than the Windows one, so a number of things are harder there (and even on Windows you need pretty new drivers).

Robert Kaiser