Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:

bern...@nospam.com wrote:
I just noticed something odd. My computer updated Seamonkey form
2.2 to 2.3 After the update, when I delete email, it seems to delay
about 3 seconds for every email on the list I delete if I delete 1
at a time. I highlight a message, click delete, and there is a 3
second delay before it deletes the message. I noticed this before
in 2.2 when I deleted the first message, there would be a delay but
all others would delete very quickly after the first one as I
highlighted them and hit delete. Seems pretty strange to me. If I
bulk delete by selecting 2 or more they all delete after that 3
second delay. Compacting the folder did not help. Bernie

But why would anyone want to delete their email messages one at a
time, especially since this will be so slow?

I do it all the time. I read a message, hit "Del," read a message, hit "Del," etc. Sometimes I keep them, sometimes I reply, but a lot of times I don't know I'm going to delete a message until I've read it.

Sometimes I can see from the author/subject that it's not worth reading, but most of those are already in the Junk folder.

It would be annoying if I had to wait a few extra seconds after every deletion before resuming my reading. Fortunately, I don't have that problem in 2.2.

Paul B. Gallagher