On 8/18/2011 1:06 PM, bern...@nospam.com wrote:
I just noticed something odd. My computer updated Seamonkey form 2.2 to
2.3 After the update, when I delete email, it seems to delay about 3
seconds for every email on the list I delete if I delete 1 at a time. I
highlight a message, click delete, and there is a 3 second delay before
it deletes the message. I noticed this before in 2.2 when I deleted the
first message, there would be a delay but all others would delete very
quickly after the first one as I highlighted them and hit delete. Seems
pretty strange to me. If I bulk delete by selecting 2 or more they all
delete after that 3 second delay. Compacting the folder did not help.
Bernie

Bernie,

Can you try "Compact" on the folders you are experiencing this issue in, (right click on the folder in the folder-list, and select the "Compact" entry)

The action of compacting can take a while depending on many factors, size of the message database being one of them.

So even if SeaMonkey seems to freeze when you do that, allow it to continue running, (I'd say, max 1 hour should be sufficient even on slow computers)

After that, restart seamonkey (and even your computer) to get the memory use flushed, for certain, and then try again, let us know if this helps your situation.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)