On 21/08/11 17:00, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 16:50:29 +0100, /Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)/:
Neil Winchurst wrote:

Well, well. Guess what? I was looking through the preferences and I
came across Edit --> Preferences --> Composition where I noticed that
the Forwarded Messages was set up to 'As Attachment'. (I have never
touched this before so it must have been the default.)

I changed it to Forwarded Messages: 'Inline' and it now works as
expected. I did suspect that it would be something to do with the set
up of SM. Now I can forward emails with attachments without any error
messages. Yay! But I do still wonder why forwarding messages as an
attachment should cause this problem. Still, if it now works .....

Suggested at 11:42 this morning :

OK, if I remember correctly there are various different
ways of forwarding messages : inline, as attachment, ...

Edit / Preferences / Mail& Newsgroups / Composition

It might be worth checking that both Thunderbird *
Seamonkey are configured to forward in an identical way.

Yes, now that I look, Tbird is set up the same way. different default perhaps. I do not remember ever changing it in either program.

Don't you hate when you ask really specific questions, trying to help,
but then they get completely ignored. :-)

Yes,I do. If I missed answering some specific questions, then it was not deliberate and I apologise. I seem to have spent a lot of time today searching and testing so I may have missed something somewhere.

Thanks for all the help etc

Neil