On 8/31/2011 11:43 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
SeaMonkey 2.3.2 is now available as free downloads for Windows, Mac, and
Linux from http://www.seamonkey-project.org. As always, we recommend
that users keep up to date with the latest stability and support
versions of SeaMonkey, and encourage all our users to upgrade to the
very latest version.

We strongly recommend that all SeaMonkey users upgrade to this latest
releases. If you already have SeaMonkey, you will receive an automated
update notification within 24 to 48 hours.

SeaMonkey 2.3.2 revokes the root certificate for DigiNotar due to
fraudulent SSL certificate issuance. For additional details, see
http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2011/08/29/fraudulent-google-com-certificate.

Note: All SeaMonkey users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the
latest SeaMonkey by downloading it from our website or by selecting
“Check for Updates…” from the Help menu and clicking on “Update
SeaMonkey”.

Full news article:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-08-31

Release notes:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.3

System Requirements:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]

After reading the other postings dealing with 2.3.2, I get the distinct
impression that the botched 2.3.2 release was a *panic* "Get it out the
door quick", reaction to the recent security breach event.
Will y'all fix 2.3.2 , and dot the ts and cross the is before
re releasing?

2.3.2 was a "panic" release, because it was an issue actively exploiting users in the wild, on that release day, and had been for a while :( .

The only issue with SeaMonkey 2.3.2 that was not in Firefox 6.0.1 was our reported version string. Sadly, that had a few user facing "what, why, do I have the right version" feelings.

Luckily (or unluckily depending on your POV) there is a new chemspill because they took the block slightly further than initially intended, that should be released within 48 hours, that will correct also our version number.

I will be doing partial (small) updates for both 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 for that, so hopefully your impact is relatively small.

Thank you for your patience.
--
~Justin Wood (Callek)