On 08/31/2011 04:26 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 08/31/2011 03:07 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

>>> Linux versions are borked (both 32bit and 64bit). Both report 2.3.1. But
>>> *worse* is that they reenstate DigiNotar Root CA. Tested both ways:
>>>
>>> 1. 32bit linux deleted DigiNotar Root CA and then did the update via
>>> Help|Check for Updates. DigiNotar Root CA is now back.
>>> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20110830
>>> Firefox/6.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.3.1
>>>
>>> 2. 64bit linux deleted DigiNotar Root CA and then did the update via
>>> Help|Check for Updates. DigiNotar Root CA is now back. So I downloaded
>>> the entire bz2, deleted the old, and extracted to a new folder;
>>> DigiNotar Root CA is now back on that version as well.
>>> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:6.0.1)
>>> Gecko/20110830 Firefox/6.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.3.1
>>>
>>> I've not tested any windows versions (yet).
>>
>> The root CA will still appear in the cert list, but it is blocked,
>> please test with a website.
>>
>> But its a factor of how this code works.
>>

> Reloaded 2.3.1 (the original) and DigiNotar Root CA shows with trust
> settings:
> - This certificate can identify web sites
> - This certificate can identify software makers
> https://zga-tag.zorggroep-almere.nl/ works
> 2.16.528.1.1001.1.1.1.10.1:
>   Certification Practice Statement pointer:
>     http://www.diginotar.nl/cps
>   User Notice:
>     Conditions, as mentioned on our website (www.diginotar.nl), are
> applicable to all our products and services.
>
> Reloaded 2.3.2 64bit (shows 2.3.1) and DigiNotar Root CA now is not
> showing at all & https://zga-tag.zorggroep-almere.nl/ shows an invalid cert.
>
> Reloaded 2.3.2 (32bit) and DigiNotar Root CA shows with all trust
> settings unchecked (similar to Windows).
> https://zga-tag.zorggroep-almere.nl/ shows an invalid cert.
>
> Odd that the 32bit shows, but the 64bit has it removed completely. Not
> sure why I have different results (regarding showing & not showing the
> cert) so I'll test on a few more machines.

Just tested another 32bit:

2.3.1 (Gecko/20110820) shows DigiNotar Root CA with no trust settings
ticked. https://zga-tag.zorggroep-almere.nl/ works. Now updating via
Help|Check for Updates. Update complete & 'Restart SeaMonkey'...
SeaMonkey restarted... https://zga-tag.zorggroep-almere.nl/ shows an
invalid cert. DigiNotar Root CA shows with all trust settings unchecked.

So I reckon that it's working, but odd.