On 8/31/11 2:31 AM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> SeaMonkey 2.3.2 is now available as free downloads for Windows, Mac, and
> Linux from http://www.seamonkey-project.org. As always, we recommend
> that users keep up to date with the latest stability and support
> versions of SeaMonkey, and encourage all our users to upgrade to the
> very latest version.
>
> We strongly recommend that all SeaMonkey users upgrade to this latest
> releases. If you already have SeaMonkey, you will receive an automated
> update notification within 24 to 48 hours.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.3.2 revokes the root certificate for DigiNotar due to
> fraudulent SSL certificate issuance. For additional details, see
> http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2011/08/29/fraudulent-google-com-certificate.
>
> Note: All SeaMonkey users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the
> latest SeaMonkey by downloading it from our website or by selecting
> “Check for Updates…” from the Help menu and clicking on “Update SeaMonkey”.
>
> Full news article:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2011-08-31
>
> Release notes:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.3
>
> System Requirements:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.1/system-requirements [sic]

Will there be a SeaMonkey 2.3.2 that says it is 2.3.2?

What is the difference between installing 2.3.2 versus going to [Edit >
Preferences > Privacy & Security > Certificates], selecting the Manage
Certificates button, selecting the DigiNotar Root CA entry, and
selecting the Delete or Distrust button?

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.