On 08/09/2011 23:14, Ray_Net wrote:

> This is a line using SM newsgroup with Wingdings characters.
> This is a line using SM newsgroup with courier new characters.
> This is a line using SM newsgroup with Brush Script MT characters.
>
> As we can see SM is able to use and display the characters correctly for
> nearly all fonts, but refuse it to do with Wingdings.

[WONTFIX] Bug 232819 - Add character mappings for common symbol fonts
like Wingdings

Quote:

"Or, you'd better write to MS to fix their fonts by adding Unicode CMap
table. If MS wouldn't fix them, I can help you with fixing your copies
of Wingding-like fonts locally, but I'd rather not add custom-font
mappings for Wingdings and similar fonts to Mozilla."

Phil