Jay Garcia wrote:

> So if that's the case then re-enable it, yes?

I must be explaining myself very badly today, so let
me try to spell things out more simply :

1) I would like to be able to use the Google search page wallpaper feature,
        in order to avoid the ugly, distracting, blue smeary arrow that
                has recently started to appear.

2) To do this, it would seem that I need to include the string "Firefox"
        (and perhaps some version number) in my User Agent string.

3) If I enable the option "Advertise Firefox compatibility", Seamonkey
        instead pretends to /be/ Firefox, in that it includes the
                string "Gecko/20110902 Firefox/6.0.2 SeaMonkey/2.3.3"

                        in the User Agent string.
4) I do not want Seamonkey to pretend to be Firefox (which it is not);
        I simply wish it to assert that it is Firefox-compatible.

5) Therefore I wish to modify the User Agent string to contain the phrase
        "Firefox/6.0.2 compatible" rather than just "Firefox/6.0.2" as
                currently occurs.

6) So I would like to ask : "Is there an 'about:config' variable (or analogous
means)
        by which I can modify the default User Agent string.

Philip Taylor