Frog wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Frog wrote:
Rickles wrote:
Frog wrote:
I have found what appears to be my lost bookmarks in the following
file:

C:\Documents and Settings\frog\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ef6mjiq5.default\bookmarks.html

I believe that this is a good start at making my bookmarks work again.
At the present time, however, I don't know how to make them appear
when
I click Bookmarks on my Web page. Do I now have to import the files
from
bookmarks.html into the web browser? If not, how do I get them to
reappear when I click bookmarks at the top of my Web page window?

Please help me or give me a suggestion on where to find the answer to
this lingering problem.

Thanks,
Frog
Your html file is the old way that SM used to store the bookmark info.
Now it uses an SQLite datebase mechanism. You must import the html file
into the Bookmark Manager database.

In your browser window, open 'Bookmarks' then click 'Manage Bookmarks'.
In the new window that opens, click 'Tools', then 'Import HTML'. In the
next window, click the 'File' radio button and then 'Next'. You'll be
presented with a Windows Explorer dialog window to navigate to your
HTML
file. Select the file then click 'Open' and away you go.

And this is all spelled out in SM's Help under Customising SeaMonkey.

Thank you for your quick response...it was greatly appreciated.

I did as you suggested and I now have my bookmarks back. I thought the
html file had to be imported but was unsure of that action. I continue
to read and learn about SeaMonkey, however, my technical knowledge
continues to be limited at best.

You may think of saving(export) your current bookmarks into a file
located in a safe place - in case of.

P.S. To my last message. Is there a similar way to take this same action
involving the Address Book?

Good idea, i will follow it - so from time to time, i will export the bookmarks and the adressbook. And from time to time, when SM is not running, i will copy the profile.