My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 8/12/2011 9:33 PM:
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 8/9/2011 5:56 PM:
My bloviated meandering follows what Bret Busby graced us with on 7/3/2011 9:22 PM:
My unbuntu 8.04 on my old(ish) laptop computer has just upgraded the Seamonkey to version 2.

It has changed the appearance of Seamonkey, to some silly looking theme, that is listed as the "default theme".

It appears that software developers design software for their own pleasure, and not for the users.

The "Classic" theme will not install.

The "Littlemonkey" theme has some silly looking phallic symbols to the left of the toolbars.

Is is possible to get a traditional looking theme for Seamonkey 2.x, so that we can have a decent appearance for Seamonkey, like the themes from Seamonkey 1 or Netscape?

[snip /]

I've just ported All American, Oh Canada!, Viva Mexico!, Modern Mozillium and Venerable Modern theme to SM2.4+. They are available on my server, https://www.projectit.com/ when visiting the site using SeaMonkey 2.4 .

Venerable Modern was one of the original themes for the Mozilla Suite making its debut at version M18. In many ways, it is one of the most beautiful themes with its darker violet hues and toolbar buttons. As an added bonus, incorporated in this theme is a derivative skin named, Venerable Chrome Modern authored by storm119. The best way of explaining it is that it is a hybrid of Modern Mozillium and Venerable Modern. To enable it, click the Subskin link for instructions.

Modern Mozillium was the default theme for Mozilla Suite version M15 and Netscape 6.0.1. It sports a bright chrome-like background with steelblue-like icons. This is one of the shiniest themes out there.

All American, Oh Canada and Viva Mexico make up the North American Series all present a patriotic view of each country using their unfurled flags as toolbar background imagery, an animated waving flag for the throbber along with other country-specific symbology.

The North American Series themes are available on AMO but are in the sandbox, awaiting review and approval.

Feel free to comment back here with any problems or suggestions. You may email me directly, however, if replying by email, I have blacklisted most of the popular email sites such as, aol, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, &c. If you prefer to contact me via email, first reply to this response with your email addy (munged if you prefer) and I will add you to my whitelist and send you a confirmation email.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/