Michael Gordon wrote:
Jen Gailt wrote:
I was hoping to find some simple html for doing mouseover tool tip
type text, that would work in all browers.

Someone suggested the HTML tags<abbr> and<acronym> but I tried them and
they won't work in seamonkey when I upload them. They worked fine in
Coffeecup HTML editor, but won't work in SM.

Suggestions?

Try: title="xxxx" or alt="xxxx"

Try: title="Our summer cottage by the lake" alt="cottage picture"

The alt attribute is for replacing the image when images are disabled, or in speech browsers. The title attribute produces the tooltip (except in certain Microsoft browsers that do not follow standards). Title can be used with nearly all HTML elements.

--
   -bts