David H. Durgee schreef:
I am seeing some strange behavior with 2.5 and news groups. Despite
having previously saved the user and password for a server that requires
it I keep getting prompted for the password and sometimes the username
as well. When I open the password manager I see the username and
password recorded for the web site (news.individual.net), but most often
I do not see entries for the news server. Sometimes shutting down
SeaMonkey 2.5 will clear this up, sometimes not.

How can this be fixed?

Dave

I have had the same problems with Seamonkey 2.5 and some newsservers.
I keep getting prompted for the password and the username.

A News (NNTP) error occured:  Authentication failed -
Incorrect username/password

When I try again, multiple times
Sometime it sticks and entries can be found in the password manager, sometimes it does not work. Never had this with older Seamonkey versions. I have seen it before in the old Mozilla Suite.

Seamonkey 2.5 is based on Thunderbird 8 (as far as I know),
Seems to ba a bug. There is a threat about the same problem in the Thunderbird newsgroup:

Newsgroup username/password problems 16-11-2011

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/browse_thread/thread/ba37101d15a5e9f0/6505926bc5f49203?show_docid=6505926bc5f49203

Regards,

Zanqeutil