Zanqeutil:

>Other newsservers without authentication like news.mozilla.org and
>nntp.aioe.org work fine. And no problems with the e-mail server.
>I did not have any problems in the last few days. So we will see.

It just happened again on my SM 2.8a1. As usually i cured it by
replacing the signons.sqlite from a backup.

First i encountered this issue with SM 2.7a1 at the time when i decided
to use Nighlys again after a long time of refusal. I reported it to a
German news group on 5.10.2011 and was told, that it happened for some
weeks to some others. Not all.

Not often and in no way reproducible so filing a bug would not help.
After repairing now with the help of a backup i assume that i will not
be bothered until tomorrow or later.

Hartmut