Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Dick Hoffman wrote:
Was SM 2.6.1 availability for general release ever formally announced
on this group? It's being recommended as the latest and greatest but I
missed the announcement for it and can't find anything by searching
this newsgroup. I just noticed that HELP>SEARCH FOR UPDATES now shows
2.6.1 available; must have happened fairly recently.

I have Seamonkey 2.5 (Win/XP Pro; SP3).
I have Edit/Prerences/Advanced/Software
installation/Seamonkey/Automatically check for updates/Daily checked.

Despite frequent rumours over several days on this group of the existence
of Seamonkey 2.6 and 2.6.1, my Seamonkey gives me no indication
whatsoever that it has identified a more recent version suitable
for download.

Expected for now, 2.6/2.6.1 were only available via MANUAL check for updates or the website. "Surprising" users with an update during this busy holiday season when they did nothing other than running the browser was determined too disruptive at present.

We'll ship it to the background update within the next week or two. In the mean time a "Help->Check for updates" will get you the new one if you want it sooner.

...I did send the announce, I'll look into why its not showing (even for me) in this NG right now...

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)