David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/3/12 2:55 AM, Stephen Geraghty wrote:
On Jan 2, 7:00 pm, "David E. Ross"<nob...@nowhere.invalid>  wrote:
On 1/2/12 8:49 AM, Stephen Geraghty wrote:

Hi all,

I recently noticed that SeaMonkey pages align left when Internet
Exporer renders them, whereas in Firefox and other browsers they
center align fine.

The only way I have found around this is to insert align="center" in
the html of each table style..... bit of a hassle but thought it would
be okay if I then use that page as a template going forward.

However.. when I edit the properties of a table in any page, in this
instance the table cell spacing, the html command vanishes and I'm
back to the same issue in IE with left alignment!

Am I missing something here or is this a known issue...... and is
there a fix? Do I need to do something in SeaMonkey before I create a
page to ensure it center aligns in IE and what about when i then go to
edit it? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

SeaMonkey pages -- pages at thewww.seamonkey-project.org-- display
approximately the same with SeaMonkey 2.6.1 and IE 7.

I think you are referring to HTML pages, not SeaMonkey pages.  HTML is
generally discussed at the comp.infosystems.www.authoring.htmlon a
non-proprietary news server (e.g., on Giganews, Eternal September).

If your problem is specifically about using Composer, you may indeed
post here in the mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup.  But then, you
should clearly indicate your issue is with Composer.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross- Hide quoted text -

Hello all,

First of all, many thanks for your comprehensive replies.

I should note that I am no expert with either html coding nor css but
I am picking it up. It would obviously pay dividends for me to learn
css.

In the interim David can I clarify something giving my very basic
understanding? I have my html page created in SeaMonkey Composer - are
you saying that I just insert:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
as the first line....

then:

<TABLE....>
</TABLE>
(I want the page to center in every browser so will the above do
this?)

Given my lack of knowledge I see CSS and Standard HTML use as 2
seperate things..... therefore am I mixing the 2 here? In short - will
inserting your suggested code into my existing HTML documents be okay?
Last of all..... will I need to repeat this code for each table tag in
the document or does the document assume the command applies for all
instances of tables on the page?

There is no problem with mixing HTML and CSS in the way you indicate.
However, you might omit the<DIV>  and put the inline CSS on the<TABLE>.
  Also, with automatic margins, you need to specify a width, preferably
as a percent of the available page.  For example

I definitely think further discussion along this line really needs to be
in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html and not in
mozilla.support.seamonkey.

David,

I disagree with your statement about not belonging in this group.
It is not our fault SM Composer cannot write standards compliant code, or help with CSS formatting. This is a group dedicated to supporting all forms of SM use whether in web browsing, e-mail, newsgroups, or composing web documents.

Michael G

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com