On 1/16/12 8:30 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> DoctorBill wrote:
>> When logging into some web sites I visit, I see that when I go back,
>> I am still logged in. Some not....
>>
>> Some sites make me log in every 5 minutes or so of not having them
>> onscreen all the time.
>>
>> So what is happening - cookies being placed ?
>>
>> If so - are they ALWAYS in the cookie file or are other methods employed ?
>>
>> If so, I would like to figure out how to make these log-in's permanent.
>>
>> DoctorBill
>
> Here is what I want to do  - did this in previous SeaMonkey versions....
>
> I got all the cookies set up the way I wanted them for a session -
> mostly the "Log-in" cookies.
>
> Then I saved the cookie file in a close-by-directory with a new name
> like - "Perm-Cookies.txt".
>
> Then I wrote a batch file to start SeaMonkey wherein the current
> cookie.txt was overwritten by the old, saved perm-cookie.txt.
> Involved some deleting, name changing and copying over moves.
>
> Worked great the way I wanted it to - then they go and change
> everything.....
>
> Writing batch files is getting harder to do - with XP I get messed up
> with long filenames versus the old truncated short filenames - they are
> all mixed up in XP's use of batch files and sometimes nothing works !
>
> DoctorBill

I did a very similar thing but for cookies.sqlite.  Now, however, the
affected software (Toolkit?) recognizes and honors read-only status for
files.  So I setup my cookies exactly the way I wanted and then marked
cookies.sqlite as read-only.  Thus, I eliminated the need for a script.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross