WLS wrote:
On 01/31/2012 09:56 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
WLS wrote:
On 01/31/2012 07:42 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
When will the official release of 2.7 occur?  I am seeing it in the
repository I usually use, but the SeaMonkey home page still shows 2.6.1
as the current release.

Dave

If it is the repository you use, then your distro has created its build,
and it is released for your platform.

Firefox 10, and Thunderbird 10 are in my repository, but SeaMonkey still
shows 2.6.1.

I am running Mint 11 Katya - x64 edition, which is based on the Ubuntu
Natty release.  Unfortunately, for reasons I don't understand, Ubuntu is
not keeping current with SeaMonkey for my release and is still at the
2.0.13 level.  This has lead me to seek an alternative repository,
specifically https://launchpad.net/~joe-nationnet/+archive/seamonkey-dev
which does include current packages for natty.

Joe updated to the 2.7 release there 10 hours ago.  Given I am still not
seeing that release at http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
but still the 2.6.1 release I am wondering if he has "jumped the gun" a
bit and this is still actually a beta or RC as opposed to a release.

I am holding off installing until I know this is the actual release.

Dave

One of the disadvantages of using the repositories. If there is nobody
to maintain it, then new versions, and updates don't show up.

I would just download from SeaMonkey, install and update manually. That
way you will always be on the release channel.

But the only x64 build is a contributed build, which indicates 'These are unofficial builds and may be configured differently than the official SeaMonkey builds. Please read their "readme" files for further information.', so I am still not using a "official" build this way. Using the repository noted above I am also getting a build that is made specifically for my distro.

Dave