On 02/24/2012 08:34 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> OK, here's the error I get:
>>>
>>> Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30
>>> Using JRE version 1.6.0_30-b12 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
>>> User home directory = C:\Users\[sanitized for security reasons]
>> Seems your Java is a bit out of date. Even linux has:
>> Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_31
>>      File: /opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_31/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so
>>      Version:
>
> As "out of date" goes, the difference between 1.6.0_30 and 1.6.0_31 is
> pretty minor. What am I, a week behind? My Java console says "Java
> Update was last run at 1:52 PM on 2/24/12."

I see... so a 'critical' security release is pretty minor:

<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/javacpufeb2012-366318.html>

>> And to answer your question from your other post "So do I or don't I
>> have Java "enabled"?": ensure that cookies and java is turned on and
>> then go to:
>> http://java.com/
>>    - click on 'Do I have Java?'
>>     - that will take you to: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>>      - Click on 'Verify Java Version'
>>
>> If your Java is current, then is should come back with:
>>
>> Verified Java Version
>> Congratulations!
>> You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 31).
>
> So is that such a BFD that the time website won't work at all?

So let me get this correct: you ask in the other post "So do I or don't
I have Java "enabled"?", I provide you with information to verify: 1)
that you have java enabled (or not), and 2) which version of Java you
have enabled. You then come back with dick swinging 'BFD' remark (were
you shy to say 'Big Fucking Deal'... or did you have something else in
mind?). And the "Fine, I'll update if you think it'll make you happy."
below.

Just who (oh let's do the WTF... shall we) do you thing you are? Someone
attempts to assist you and you fire off with BFT and the following.

> Fine, I'll update if you think it'll make you happy.

You do that. Bye now.