On 02/24/2012 05:09 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Tom Stoudt wrote:
>
>> This is the clock page that uses Java:
>> <http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java>
>> When Java is turned off it lets you know.
>>
>> The other one listed above is only a time snapshot.
>
> OK, here's the error I get:
>
> Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30
> Using JRE version 1.6.0_30-b12 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
> User home directory = C:\Users\[sanitized for security reasons]
Seems your Java is a bit out of date. Even linux has:
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_31
    File: /opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_31/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so
    Version:

And to answer your question from your other post "So do I or don't I
have Java "enabled"?": ensure that cookies and java is turned on and
then go to:
http://java.com/
  - click on 'Do I have Java?'
   - that will take you to: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    - Click on 'Verify Java Version'

If your Java is current, then is should come back with:

Verified Java Version
Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 31).

(Windows and linux)