Zanqeutil wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty schreef:
>> Zanqeutil wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> I tried that several times but that does nothing. When I click on the
>>> sides I get a system error sound (sort of doink) and the bookmark
>>> window flickers a bit. Resizing is impossible, it's fixed and locked.
>>
>> You don't "click" the window borders, you "hover" the cursor and it
>> will change to a border-dragging symbol. *Then* click (once) and drag
>> the window to an appropriate width or height. Also, hovering a corner
>> will change to a diagonal arrow for click/drag.
>>
>>> I can move the window left/right/up/down when I click/grab the top bar
>>> with the red X but nothing else.
>>
>> That's what you should expect if you click in the window title bar. To
>> resize it, you need to hover an actual border of the window. This is
>> all standard GUI stuff from way back to Windows 2.0, and earlier in
>> other graphical operating systems.

[I should have said Windows 1.0 -- I had a copy of that as well as
Windows 2.0 and Windows 286.]

> Standard GUI stuff since Windows 2.0 and earlier, You mean DOS 1.0 ?

No, I said an operating system with a GUI interface. DOS was not,
although there were graphical programs. Microsoft was not first.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
History_of_the_graphical_user_interface#Microsoft_Windows_.2816-
bit_versions.29>

> Yes, very nice explanation, it should work like this, but it did not
> because the localstore.rdf file in some way was corrupted as Hartmut
> Figge explained to me. I followed his advise and all is well now.
>
> Question for you:
>
> Do a Ctrl-D, the file Bookmark Window pops up, can you hover the borders
> to enlarge or decrease the window as you can in the Bookmark manager ? I
> have the standard smaller file bookmark manager window back but in SM
> 2.7.2 still no way to hover the borders, no arrow cursor symbols and not
> in SM 2.7.2 portable.
>
> You can't even do this in Firefox 1.0.0.2, try it, I can't, at least not
> on my system.

Hopefully, you meant 10.0.2 (1.0.n would be quite old).

> I have an older Portable SM 2.0.1.4 on an USB stick, there I can do
> this. There I see the double arrow cursor symbols in the File Bookmark
> window. Here I can make this window smaller/bigger.

I still have SM 2.4.1, although just now I've gotten notice that 2.7.2 is
now available in my Linux repository. I'll probably upgrade later this
weekend.

--
   -bts