"Paul B. Gallagher" <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote in message
news:3nodnb9i6toabcbsnz2dnuvz_r2dn...@mozilla.org...
> Desiree wrote:
>
>> How do I stop the printing of all the ridiculous headers that take up
>> ALMOST ONE PAGE and are printed in BOLD TEXT thus wasting ink?
>>
>> Why does SM Mail print all that junk? Besides all the irrelevant
>> headers, it also printed ALMOST THE ENTIRE MESSAGE OF THREE PAGES in
>> BOLD wasting even more ink!
>>
>> I just needed a record of my reservation. I didn't need all the other
>> junk printed nor did I need any of it in bold text.  OE would never
>> waste ink like this or print almost an entire page of irrelevant
>> headers.
>>
>> I removed this email address from OE long ago (and meant to
>> completely kill it), but I never did and sometimes I get relevant
>> mail in it. SM still has it so that is why I didn't print from OE.
>> This is probably the first email I have ever printed from SM as I
>> rarely need to print emails.
>
> Many commercial sites have their own printer-friendly versions of things
> like reservation and order confirmation pages. But failing that, I always
> do a print preview first to check scaling and such, and if there are pages
> I don't want, I just tell SM to print the pages I do want.

This is a hotel reservation. I could not access the reservations page on SM,
Fx, IE, or Opera.  I have stayed at the hotel in the past many times and
only Opera works properly, but even it was not accessing the reservations
page. So, I had to call the 800 number for all their hotels and make the
reservation that way (which was completely incorrect according to the email
and I had to call them today to remake it). So, there was no web page to
print out. But I don't recall anything in the past when I have reserved via
the web (airlines, yes, there is web page to print out). I always get an
email and three or four more before the date of my stay.

Yes, I should have print previewed. But I still don't fully trust print
preview in any browser. I remember so many times in past years where I could
not get of print preview without crashing whatever browser I was using).