On 12-03-30 7:34 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
May I make the albeit simple request (but time consuming to do) of
providing subtitles for the screencasts, optionally turned on.

I am told HTML5 Vid/Aud API allows you to make it even match timing of
the vid without too much effort, which can in theory even allow others
to translate if wanted.

The key reason I ask it is so that people who (a) Don't understand
english well, but can read typed words or can use a translator can get
the help. and (b) people who have a disability in their hearing [and
possibly vision] can get either a transcript or a good account of the
tip/advice being mentioned.

* I wouldn't know how.

* The reason for not including text instructions is because the amount of time/work involved was not worth what it added to screencasts.

* In most cases, you can mute the video and still have a very good idea of what to do.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator