SM/Moz user for many years, very happy not using IE. Current build I'm using is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120422 Firefox/12.0 SeaMonkey/2.9.

During the upgrade to v2.9, one add-on was declared as not compatibile, Quote Colors 0.3. Allowed the installer to remove the add-on, but something's not right:

In messages which have several previous posts quoted in-line, the previously-posted bits were all indented, with vertical bars at the left border of the pane, and the bars and text were colored the same. Made it easy to identify separate quotes. With the removal of Quote Colors, though, only the current post text in the chain is visible as black text. All other previous posts are light grey, with the vertical indent bars a dark grey.

I've been through this profile's folders, the root application's install folders, any/all Application Data folders for the PC, the chrome directories in them, and the userprefs.js and prefs.js for this profile. All references to Quote Colors are gone, but the display of messages persists as described.

Short of moving everything to a new profile, can someone suggest something else to check for how this display is being done? I thought there was a way to select between ">>" symbols vs vertical indent bars for showing quoted text in messages, but I can't find it now under any preferences.

Thoughts?