Rickles wrote:

No, that's not quite right. Your text is black and not indented at all,
since it was the most-current post. What I *had* been seeing was all of
the other previous posts the same light grey as my background (which
means it was invisible till I looked for it), and those previous posts
were indented by dark-grey vertical bars at the left window edge.

However, since I manually changed the version value in the 'install.rdf'
file for the add-on, I was able to reinstall and it appears to be
working normally.

Another option worth looking into is here:

Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups | Message Display
Settings for quoted messages:
Color: [Gray]

If you choose a contrasting color, that should solve it.

Paul B. Gallagher