Interviewed by CNN on 02/05/2012 13:45, hawker told the world:

> So is the assumption then that most hosts limit the download speed per
> download to a number significantly less than the bandwidth they have so
> that if you have multiple simultaneous downloads from them you get
> faster speed.  Otherwise I fail to see how this could be any faster.

Well, how many times have you started a download from a big site like
Microsoft or Oracle and it came at unbelievably low speeds? I mean, they
have to have a big honking backbone connection there, don't they? And
you have this nifty broadband connection on your end that you aren't
currently using for anything else. So how come instead of getting, say,
1 megabyte per second you are getting something like 30 kb/s? SOMETHING
is throttling you.

It's not always a deliberate download speed limitation on the server
side. But bandwidth is not an infinite resource; at some point in the
way between the server and your computer, you may run into a link that's
at full capacity, and acts as a bottleneck. If there's 1000 connections
going through that link/server/router/whatever, you get only 1/1000 of
the available bandwidth. If you split your download in four, you get
4/1000. So, that 30 kb/s I mentioned above becomes 120 kb/s. It's as
simple as that.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.