Windows media player is one of the applications I never use and so it has been "uninstalled" using remove windows components. All of the files are still there since windows won't really let you uninstall, it just lets you pretend it's not installed (XP sp3 if it matters).

My firewall logs (Comodo CIS D+) indicate that when I start seamonkey, seamonkey.exe tries to access the file wmplayer.exe. This file is blocked by the firewall since I can't fully uninstall the app, so there is a log entry.

I checked under helper applications for SM, and media player is not listed there anywhere. Is there some reason why seamonkey would be trying to access media player on startup and is there a way to stop it?

LMH