It depends, for one of the accounts I opened, the home page is google. For another, it is a simple website that only has html content as far as I can tell.

Both accounts are configured to open on the email page. I can go through the process a bit more carefully and document what happens when if that would help.

I wouldn't expect for windows to have any file types default to an application that isn't supposed to be installed, but there are allot of things in windows that don't behave as would be expected.

LMH

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
LMH wrote:

Windows media player is one of the applications I never use and so it
has been "uninstalled" using remove windows components. All of the files
are still there since windows won't really let you uninstall, it just
lets you pretend it's not installed (XP sp3 if it matters).

My firewall logs (Comodo CIS D+) indicate that when I start seamonkey,
seamonkey.exe tries to access the file wmplayer.exe. This file is
blocked by the firewall since I can't fully uninstall the app, so there
is a log entry.

I checked under helper applications for SM, and media player is not
listed there anywhere. Is there some reason why seamonkey would be
trying to access media player on startup and is there a way to stop it?

When you start SM, does it launch the browser and load a home page
containing WM content? In that case, what is the default application in
Windows for playing such content?