Thanks for the post. I checked in the addons manager, and windows media player doesn't appear in the list. I have the VLC plugin installed instead. I did disable Windows Presentation Foundation and two plugins for MS office which I don't think I want.

I will check on the file types and make sure that nothing is pointing to media player. I think it is such a pain in the *ss to have to deal with all of this. What does Microsoft not understand about "uninstalled".

LMH