Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Rickles wrote:

It looks like I'm gonna have to take the painful path of rebuilding my
profile once again, doesn't it?  I'm not looking forward to this, due to
how many times I've done it in the past, and how many times I've lost
something as a consequence (emails, bookmarks, passwords, etc.)

That's really puzzling to me... I've been using SeaMonkey since long
before they ever thought of that name, and using Thunderbird since
version 0.2 -- first with Windows, then Linux since 2006 -- and I've
never had to rebuild or make a profile. Am I one of the lucky ones or am
I one of the regulars (who don't have to rebuild)?

You're not alone, I have been using SeaMonkey since the day Netscape went away and have never had to rebuild a profile. In fact on the very first install it migrated my Netscape profile and I didn't even have to do it then. I'm running it on 5 real machines, SUSE Linux, Fedora Linux, Windows 2000, XP, and Windows 7, and a couple virtual machines. I put on updates as soon as they come out and occasionally run betas on my main laptop (installed over top and using same profile) and have never had a problem with a profile or lost anything. Just lucky? Maybe, but I like to think it's due to good system admin. :-) But like you I keep everything up to date and install very few extensions and plugins.

Jim