I have an Acer Iconia W500 tablet on which I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview 32-bit (and previously the Developer Preview and Consumer Preview).

This machine has a 32GB SSD drive, and I have added a 32GB SD card in the internal slot, formatted as NTFS (drive D). When I put my SeaMonkey profile on this SD card, the performance is abysmal. *Everything* takes a long time, especially just loading pages in the browser. This happens both with my existing profile (copied from another machine) and a new test profile. The original default profile on the SSD C drive works fine.

Has anybody else seen this? Can SeaMonkey be transferring so much data to/from the profile that disk speed is a major issue?

BTW, the card is PNY 32GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card Model P-SDHC32G10-EFS2 R.

--
David Wilkinson