David Wilkinson wrote:
I have an Acer Iconia W500 tablet on which I have installed Windows 8
Release Preview 32-bit (and previously the Developer Preview and
Consumer Preview).

This machine has a 32GB SSD drive, and I have added a 32GB SD card in
the internal slot, formatted as NTFS (drive D). When I put my SeaMonkey
profile on this SD card, the performance is abysmal. *Everything* takes
a long time, especially just loading pages in the browser. This happens
both with my existing profile (copied from another machine) and a new
test profile. The original default profile on the SSD C drive works fine.

Has anybody else seen this? Can SeaMonkey be transferring so much data
to/from the profile that disk speed is a major issue?

BTW, the card is PNY 32GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card
Model P-SDHC32G10-EFS2 R.

David,

Long, long ago, before smart phones and tablets, or notebooks we were able to install SM on the memory stick that would be used with the mobile device (Acer Iconia W500 tablet).

Installing on the memory stick allowed SM to create a default profile on the stick.

Some of the files on your desktop install of SM refer to locations on your desktop, not found anywhere on your tablet.

Try installing SM on the memory stick for the tablet.

Michael G

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com