David Wilkinson wrote:
Michael Gordon wrote:
I will check my profile, but actually this precisely is why I have my
profile in the same location (D:\Mozilla\SM-2 Profiles) on all my
machines.
Yes, and that is why it works on your XP and Win-7 PCs, the file path
is the same.
Does your Tablet have the following directory structure and naming
convention?
D:\Mozilla\SM-2 Profiles

Yes, the directory structure on the tablet is exactly the same as on my
XP and Win7 machines. The only differences are that the tablet is
running Windows 8, and the D drive is on the SD card.

The above may be part of the problem. SD cards are pretty much the
same until we
compare memory size, and Class values.

Class values use a value that relates to write and read speed for the
memory chip.
I have a digital camera with a 2Gb SD card with no Class value on the
car. It
was very slow in writing RAW files to the card. I purchased a new SD
card with
16Gb and a Class-10 value. Now the write speed of a RAW file is as
fast as
writing a .jpg image file.

The file size difference between a RAW and .jpg file is about 8Mb, the
point I
discovered is in the Class value, 10 is about 10 times faster.

You may want to look into this as a possible solution, SDHC cards are
relatively
inexpensive now, the 16Gb card I purchased was on sale for $19.95 at
our local
Target Store. So. CA, Ventura area, USA.

My 32GB card is supposedly a class 10 card. I think I paid about $40 for
it, which is not a negligible amount of money.

David,

The only conclusion I can come up with after reading your two comments is the path name is not the dame on your tablet.

You say the D\ drive is on the SD card, that is not the same path as D:\
Your path name may be something like: F:\D:\ Where F: is the name of your SD card (Kingston)

Aside from that it may be a Windows 8 thing, I don't know for sure.

Michael

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com