Snip........

David Wilkinson wrote:

Hi Jim:

So I finally got around to downloading CrystalDiskMark and testing my
card. These are the results:

Sequential Read : 16.70 MB/s
Sequential Write : 11.37 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 16.41 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 0.433 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 2.588 MB/s
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.003 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 3.456 MB/s
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.004 MB/s

Clearly, the 4KB writes are extremely slow. It is possible that this
poor performance is due to Windows 8 rather than the card itself?

In any case, the poor write performance is probably the cause of the
SeaMonkey slowdown. I also noticed that when I copied the profile onto
the card across my network it took a very long time (which I had
assumed was because I did it via wireless...).

Yes, I think you have found the cause (actually I guess it's the source, the cause is still undetermined) of your performance problem. It would be interesting to test the card on Windows 7 or XP or another machine. In any case it's good to know that CrystalDiskMark runs on Windows 8.

--
Jim