On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:31:17 +0200, dirk <n...@home.nl> in
mozilla.support.seamonkey wrote:

>MCBastos wrote:
>> Interviewed by CNN on 24/06/2012 17:12, dirk told the world:
>>
>>> dowahavetodowawatta?? Sorry, I'm just a simple user and I have no idea
>>> what this is.....
>>>
>>> I am using real player basically for downloading flash video's from
>>> internet.
>>>
>>> If anyone knows of a good alternative for that, please tell .....
>>>
>>> Could use one to download Silverlight video's as well....
>>
>> There's a lot of extensions available to do exactly that. Look at
>> addons.mozilla.org, in the section "Photos and Media." There ought to be
>> something that fits your needs.
>>

>found one, thanks! However, only for FLASH video's, found nothing for
>Silverlight ......
>
>DJ

I have been wanting to re-install Realplayer for it's downloading
capabilities.  I think it is the best one available for that particular
function.  IIRC, you can be watching and simply start downloading at any
point, and end the download at any point and get a playable file.
...and then i remember why i uninstalled Realplayer the last time -- it is
too aggressive and wants to grab everything.  Getting a handle on that is
time-consuming.

I used to snag videos (and mp3s) out of cache, but both Firefox and
Seamonkey have changed their caching methodology so that is no longer
possible -- or maybe it is just no longer as easy.

Perhaps all of your Flash 11.3 problems are fixed now.  After several days
of trying various things, I went back to Flash 10.3.  I started on the
main Flash forum but by following links soon ended up at
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes

Which says it is for firefox but seems to apply to all mozilla platforms.

If the last 3 digits of 11.3.300.262 are the build number, Flash said they
thought they had corrected the problems introduced with build 257 with
build 262  -- and perhaps they did for many platforms, but not for my XP.

(Since downgrading to 10.3 I have yet for anything to tell me that i need
to update Flash.  And there is this note at the site i gave:
"Important: If you install Flash 10.3, you will get a player with all
known security patches applied but without all of the features of Flash
11.2. If you install Flash 11.2, your player might not have all of the
known security updates applied.")

Once again, if your 11.3 is now running fine, that's great.

jim