Paul wrote:
Dave and Colette Hirsh wrote:
Nice troll, but untrue. "No one"??? I use YouTube without difficulty
every day in SM 2.10.1, and can't remember the last version that was
problematic. If you want someone to help you, you'll have to describe
your problem much better than this. "It doesn't work" just doesn't
give anyone a starting point to troubleshoot.
-- War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left. -- Paul B.
Gallagher

Paul, I am not a computer expert.  When I go to facebook on seamonkey
or firefox you tube doesn't work. When I go to the same site on IE and
click on the video, youtube works.  I downloaded adobe flashplayer and
shockwave and then Youtube worked on seamonkey and firefox but when I
turned the computer off and then on again they no longer worked.  I
admit I am not a computer expert, but I know who to click on a website
and know how to download flashplayer.   If I could have figured this
out on my own I would not need you guys.  And as to the way I posted,
I had posted previously with more detail and nobody answered except
one person who said that he also could not see videos on youtube with
seamonkey. If they are being blocked as someone suggested, I have no
way of knowing how it is being blocked or how to stop it from being
blocked. If it is because I don't have proper addon or extension of
something else I don't know what that it or how to get it.

Dave
There are two versions of flash.
One for IE and one for non IE.
SM uses the non IE.  It used to, anyways.

Not anymore, according to this page -

https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

But it does seem that there are still some platform-specific versions.

What I've noticed is that U-toob seems to be shaking out Flash vs HTML5 presentations. I run my Mac Mini Flash-free and some things play using SM and some don't. There is a built in YouTube app on the iPad that I guess demands HTML5 (the iPad is inherently Flash-free), and I have yet to find something that won't play using that, so maybe this is also part of the issue?

--
     - Rufus