On 7/23/12 4:31 AM, Margo Guda wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been on the beta channel for Seamonkey since I cannot even remember.
> Today a new beta was automatically installed, but it would not run correctly
> - did not ask for master password, and did not load any web pages or log on
> to my email provider. So I downloaded the previous official version (2.11)
> and installed it over the existing installation.
> Now all my addons (and I had quite a few!) are GONE. Please help me restore
> my add-ons, I am totally lost without them. How do I find them again? I
> can't believe they are totally lost?
>
> THanks...

Do you know what add-ons you had?  I maintain an inventory (a Word .doc
file) of all software I install, including the version numbers, the
dates of installation, and the sources.  Specifically for extensions, I
also capture the results of using the PrefBar extension's button
Infolist, which provides a list of all extensions.

Unless you are a tester, I would question why you would use a beta
product.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross