NoOp wrote:
On 07/23/2012 06:04 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

ONCE A YEAR???  From now on, do a backup every one or two WEEKS.
Install the PrefBar extension.  After you install any extension, use
PrefBar's InfoList button to get a list of all installed extensions,
including disabled ones; copy and save that list.

I've never seen this 'InfoList' button & I've been using PrefBar for
several years. The OP can easily see (and keep a record of) by simple
going to Help|Troubleshooting Information & print the page and/or 'Copy
all to clipboard' and past the lot into LibreOffice or similar.

Me neither, and I too have used Prefbar for years. I don't normally have a problem, I used to keep an actual copy of my profile and sync it, but since I was running troublefree it just escaped me... I guess all of this means there is no way other than painstakingly reinstalling them to get my add ons back. Not nice of the SM installer to just eat things. To make matters worse, my Norton internet security just popped up a detection of an infection in the beta I had downloaded (but not installed) - 2.12b.