Ed wrote:
On 7/24/2012 1:32 PM Ed submitted the following:
On 7/24/2012 11:08 AM Jay Garcia submitted the following:

                     <  D E L E T E D >

In your OS printers section, click on your HP Printer and select
"Properties". Set it as default. Then, in any OTHER application such as
Word, etc. bring up a document and print. Does it use the HP default
printer? Probably so. Now start Seamonkey and print. What happens now?
If it still uses the PaperPort then exit Seamonkey, locate your profile
and the file prefs.js - make a copy of this file. Then right-click on
prefs.js (not the copy) and choose "edit". find all the lines referring
to printers and remove the lines. Save - Exit - restart SM. Now what
happens when you print?

That did it.  And it added the HP printer info back into the prefs.js file.
Also looking at the pref.js file there is quite a bit of garbage(?) left over
from installations of extensions that are no longer in use and were not removed
when removing the extensions.  I assume they can also be removed?

Additional:
The above worked fine until I had a page I wanted to print in pdf.
I went to print - selected PDFCREATOR as a printer and printed the page.
Now THAT printer has been added to about:config and when exiting SM is now in
the prefs.js file along with the HP printer.

PDFCREATOR is now the printer that shows up in SeaMonkey as it's default printer
although the system default is the HP printer.

Back to square one.

How did you leave print.save_print_settings? Did you leave it false or did you change it back to the default of true?

--
Jim