On 8/2/12 2:18 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote [in part]:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>
>> I get completely crazy about this "feature"
>>
>> If i use as an HTML signature:
>
> Stop using one of those.

Definitely!  If you insist on using HTML formatting of messages or
signatures, you must accept the fact that not all E-mail applications
process HTML appropriately, either in creating outgoing HTML or in
displaying incoming HTML.

See my <http://www.rossde.com/internet/ASCII_mail.html> and the related
<http://www.rossde.com/internet/ASCIIvsHTML.html>.

        [snipped]

>> Next item was that HOTMAIL ignore the "-- " so he quote all the
>> text+signature when replying ..grrr...
>
> There are a *lot* of messaging clients that ignore/don't-have-clue about
> what a sig separator is and will ignore it. Hotmail is one of them.

That is a Hotmail problem, not a SeaMonkey problem.  You should contact
Microsoft (owner of Hotmail) about this.  However, I strongly believe
Microsoft will be far less responsive than the SeaMonkey project or the
Mozilla organization.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross