Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, On 02/08/2012 23:18:
Ray_Net wrote:

I get completely crazy about this "feature"

If i use as an HTML signature:
Stop using one of those.

Raymond,

--
myfirstname mylastmane
myadress

SM add an extra "-- " at the beginning (before "Raymond,") ...grrr,
Isn't Raymond your "myfirstname" ?  Just remove the "-- " from the
signature file completely, and SeaMonkey will add it when it appends it to
your message. You see an extra "-- " because SeaMonkey is designed to add
a sig-separator before it appends what is in your sigfile.

so i find in about:config:
*mail.identity.default.suppress_signature_separator* from false to *true
..then change that back to false.

and this action remove the extra "-- " - so far, so good.
..and you won't have to worry about that.

Next item was that HOTMAIL ignore the "-- " so he quote all the
text+signature when replying ..grrr...
There are a *lot* of messaging clients that ignore/don't-have-clue about
what a sig separator is and will ignore it. Hotmail is one of them.

Last item .....
When i use my html signature
All HTML signatures are broken. Just use a very small TEXT file for your
signature contents. Heck, half of the recipients won't be able to process
HTML message anyway, and so will not care one iota if you have some unseen
fancy colors in it.

Put this text in your signature TEXT file and nothing else:

    Raymond mylastmane
    myadress
    myphone

..or leave off your address and phone so you're not giving away your
privacy.

If i follow what you said my mail will end with....

Best regards,
--
Raymond mylastname
myadress

so when you reply the copy of the end of mail will be
Best regards,

instead of:
Best regards,
Raymond.

if i can use as a signature
Raymond.
--
Raymond mylastname
myadress

i just can end my mail with:
Best regards,

And the rest will be added:
Raymond.
--
Raymond mylastname
myadress

So the end of my mail when replying will be
Best regards,
Raymond.

I hope you have understood why i refuse that SM add an extra "-- " before my signature beginning with "Raymond." and ending with my "-- " followed with my infos.