On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 13:45:40 +0800
Philip Chee <philip.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:22:17 -0500, »Q« wrote:
>
> > But I don't understand why SeaMonkey would be using the XFCE setting
> > when I'm running a KDE session.  (And I confirmed, using
> > xfce4-settings-manager to change the file manager does result in
> > SeaMonkey using whatever I select.)
>
> SeaMonkey doesn't know anything about KDE. As I understand it,
> SeaMonkey will first try using the Gnome settings, if that fails it
> then falls back to XFCE if available and if that fails, it gives up.

That makes sense.  If it reads the XFCE settings directly from the XFCE
config files, maybe just creating the files will work for people who
don't have XFCE.  As far as I can tell from grepping dotfiles, there
are two that were modified or created by xfce4-settings-manager:

$ cat ~/.config/xfce4/helpers.rc
TerminalEmulator=Terminal
MailReader=sylpheed-claws
FileManager=custom-FileManager

$ cat ~/.local/share/xfce4/helpers/custom-FileManager.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
NoDisplay=true
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=X-XFCE-Helper
X-XFCE-Category=FileManager
X-XFCE-CommandsWithParameter=dolphin "%s"
Icon=dolphin
Name=dolphin
X-XFCE-Commands=dolphin