»Q« wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:45:42 -0700
NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

On 08/10/2012 08:41 PM, Michael Gordon wrote:
Try using Google as your friend.  Enter SeaMonkey in lower case,
upper case, or mixed case; only the letter spelling will count, and
then maybe not.
Are you serious?

Never mind, I reckon you are. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMO, it's the best reply yet.  ISTM that's what the overwhelming
majority of new or prospective SeaMonkey users will do, not dry to
drill down to it from mozilla.org's front page.

That only applies to users who already know they want SeaMonkey.

What about the people who don't know about SeaMonkey but might choose
to use it if, in looking for Firefox and/or Thunderbird, see SeaMonkey
listed as sibling product?

(By the way, earlier today I tried to find SeaMonkey by starting
at mozilla.org and wondered why it was so damn hard to find SeaMonkey.)

> Would talking the people in
charge of Mozilla's main portals into featuring SeaMonkey more
prominently there really help the project at this point?

I don't know that it would help much, but it would almost certainly
help some.

Daniel