I have my seamonkey set to leave messages on the server until I delete them. Part of this is because I may dowload messages with seamonkey from more than one computer and I want all of my mail to be everywhere. At some point, I presume my server directory gets filled with mail and I need to delete some or all of it. I don't like having to log into yahoo and do this (which is why I use a client in the first place). Most of my accounts don't have a yahoo account associated with them anyway.

Is there a way in seamonkey to tell the server to delete stored messages, or messages on the server that are older than some time frame, and still leave my setting to "keep messages on server until I delete them"?

I presume that Yahoo will automatically clear messages if I am past my allocated space, but I would prefer to be able to manage that myself. Lately, I have been getting repeat downloads of messages, meaning that seamonkey is downloading messages from the server that I already received. On one day, seamonkey said I had new mail and the inbox looked like it had downloaded a duplicate copy of every message that was already in the inbox, some more than an year old. I am wondering if this something that happens if the server clears the mail from the server directory, meaning that they send you everything that is on the server before they clear it.

LMH