Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 10/14/12 12:15 am, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
>> So I don't think the SM servers are the issue for you. I can't have
>> received it quickly if they are running slowly.
>
> The FTP server gets pretty slow when there is a new release.

Indeed and around the time we released this, there was also slow-down
issues in Mozilla's Datacenter causing some issues and some files to be
transfered around 10 KB/sec or so. For a time.

>  If you use
> the standard HTTP downloads, you get the benefits of the distributed
> mirrors, so it's pretty quick.  The primary reason I go to the FTP
> server is to see *all* the releases, including betas; a lot of stuff
> gets hidden on the HTTP side (reasonably so).

FWIW, if you use our website to download, you'll *always* get the
fastest download for your location, for our newer[est] releases, since
we go through "bouncer" (Which goes through CDN and/or Mozilla's Mirror
Network to find not only a fast mirror, but one close to you) while
ftp.m.o is (primarily?) served from CA, USA.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)