Robert Kaiser wrote:
David E. Ross schrieb:
I go to the FTP server so that I can also download the related SHA1
checksum.

FYI, if you use the SeaMonkey-internal update mechanism, you get both the
advantages of using as-local-as-possible mirrors *and* verification with a
checksum that is not just SHA-1 but SHA-512 - and the checksum and other info
about the update is coming via an encrypted connection (SSL) that is only
allowed to be signed by certain CAs, so that the delivery mechanism is *really*
secure.

Good to know, and if you guys ever support 64bit Linux for real instead of as a contributed build, that would be the way to go.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have