WaltS wrote:
On 10/17/2012 08:02 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
M wrote:

I have downloaded and installed Java 7 Update 9 but Add-ons Manager
does not acknowledge the update. It continues to show Java 7 Update 7
and when clicking 'Check your Plugins' shows, vulnerable/Update Now.

When checking the site latest version is shown and Apple System
preferences also acknowledge latest version as installed.

If the Add-ons Manager does not recognize he update does that mean
I'm still accessing Java via Java 7 Update 7

I have closed Browser, restarted computer and reinstalled software to
no avail.

Update installed fine here.

In Control Panel | Programs and Features (or the equivalent in your
version of Windows), do you see both versions installed? If so, try
uninstalling both and then installing only the new version. Do this with
SM closed, of course.

To install with the browser closed, download and save the installer,
remembering where you put it. Close your browser and run the installer.
The filename is jxpiinstall.exe, and the size is 874 KB (895,464 bytes).

He appears to be using a Mac.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121011
Firefox/16.0 SeaMonkey/2.13.1

Fair enough.

My question and suggestion stand -- are both versions installed? If so, uninstall both and then install only the new version, with the browser closed.

There must be a way to see what programs and versions are installed on a Mac, right?

Paul B. Gallagher